A proposal for a new feature for the Konsole

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Aug 11 19:20:48 CEST 2006

On Friday 11 August 2006 10:13, Luis Quintela Garcia wrote:
> Thus when the user types one or more valid letters in the command
> line, the widget will be automatically updated. Likewise when a check-
> box has been checked in the widget, the command line is updated.

i think many of our users would really appreciate such an addition to their
command line to make it easier for them to learn the command line and figure
out what options are available to them.

something that occured to me: you may be able to expand the content in the
commands.xml file by processing output for $COMMAND --help

there will be cross-platform issues, of course, but that could be sorted out
in a fairly straightforward manner (different command.xml files)

have you thought about releasing your application on kde-apps.org so others
can use it? that way you can get more feedback and perhaps even code
contributions =)

as for making it into konsole itself, you should ask the current maintainer
about that... but i do think it's a good idea =)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
Undulate Your Wantonness