Bug Fixing

P Botha bothapn at lantic.net
Sun Sep 25 23:05:41 CEST 2005

Check as usual at bugs.kde.org, I found some interesting results:

amarok  177  +37  -95  -58  249  +18  -48  -30  Graph (95 bugs resolved in
last 7 days)
kdevelop  419  +8  -17  -9  334  +6  -1  5  Graph (17 bugs down)
kio  417  +19  -22  -3  271  +2  -9  -7  Graph (22 bugs down)

This yields some interesting questions. Questions such as:
- How many bugs are there really? I have found that bugs seem to be resolved
in newer versions, but developers don't know it, thus the bug stays open.
- How many of these bugs will be automatically fixed by QT4 (memory leaks?)
- Anyone willing to try and tackle some appsz such as konqueror and randomly
check for duplicate or non-existant bugs?

Checking at the current statistics, I think one can say with confidence that
kde apps have dramatically increased in terms of features and stability since
kde 2. Keep it going guys!

Pieter