Fwd: [kde-artists] New workgroup for better coordination

Carlos Leonhard Woelz carloswoelz at imap-mail.com
Thu Sep 15 19:21:15 CEST 2005

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 17:48:51 +0200, "Frank Osterfeld"
<frank.osterfeld at gmx.de> said:
> Carlos,
>
> Speaking of the new HCI list, what are your plans with kde-quality? Do
> you still plan to rename it and maybe use this one for QA (which was
> suggested by JRT)?
> Have you been at akademy? Aaron blogged about changing some processes in
> KDE, so I don't know if these plans also include the integration of new
> contributors (he didn't go into any details). I wonder if there was some
> "masterplan" developed at akademy with kde-quality as a part of it.

There are a numbr of new efforts in the QA area, which are slowly
starting take form. Let's see how things go from here, I think we should
give it a bit more time.

I will certainly not lead this effort. I believe in leading by example,
and I lack knowledge and programming required to perform most QA tasks
(even if I can do some bug triage and testing, as I did in the past) (or
in other words, I lack "clue").

The task of lowering the barriers of contributing to KDE, and
integrating new people (especially non programmers, but programmers
too), is what I plan to work on going forward. There are several
possibilities, including the University of KDE ideas, more integration
with the contents of developer.kde.org and docs.kde.org/team, etc...

Cheers,

Carlos Woelz