icons dragging on desktop and high CPU usage

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Mon Sep 5 07:28:11 CEST 2005

Wade Olson wrote:
> Hi Peto,
>
> Thanks for your interest in helping improve the quality of KDE.
>
> The name of this mailing list is a bit confusing, and members actually
> currently looking to clarify mailing list intentions.  As it stands,
> this list helps to improve the polish and maturity, more than a QA or
> bug reporting portal.
>
> Have you gone to: http://bugs.kde.org/
> and opened an account?

I don't see any point in reporting a bug since this isn't reproducible.

While dragging an icon, you could expect that X might use as much as 50%
of the CPU usage, but this should stop almost immediately.  If X uses
more than that or continues to have high CPU usage after you release the
mouse button, then you have a problem.  But, the problem is probably not
a bug in KDE.

I suggest that you post to one of the support lists: 'kde' or
'kde-linux' [if you use Linux].  It is also possible that this is a
distro specific bug if you are using Linux.  So, you might also ask on
your distro's support list or newsgroup.

--
JRT