Needed features

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Tue May 10 02:31:01 CEST 2005

After latest discussion with Walter Mossberg (WSJ) I have two suggestions:

1.  Is there some way we could arrange to run (character) shell scripts
by clicking on them?  And a Konsole should be opened if needed.  There
could be a dialog box (like there used to be??) asking if you want to
run them when you left click.  Or, it could require a right click and
have an option in the "Actions" sub-menu.

2.  He says that newbies are too dumb to figure out how to sign up for a
mailing list.  Would it be a reasonable idea to put an icon on the
desktop for an app or script that checks to see if SMTP is available and
if so, determines if the user is running Linux and then sends a message
to subscribe to either 'kde' or 'kde-linux' as appropriate.

--
JRT