"hacking the social system"

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Fri May 6 07:23:59 CEST 2005

Nathan Olberding wrote:
> Maybe we could start by reading up on the guidelines and rating
> applications ourselves? We could present our results to the larger
> group as a way of saying, "here's evidence of what's wrong, it
> wouldn't take much to fix it, and we'd love to help. In the future, we
> think it'd be a good idea to have this sort of scrutiny be part of the
> release process." At that point, if the study and message were well
> written and well received, someone would need to be appointed this
> workload.

I had picked:

	KGhostView
	KView

because I thought that they needed improved toolbars.

then added:

	KuickShow
	KPDF

I then found a problem in KDELibs::KStdActions.

And, added icons for some KStdActions.  This is usually what happens,
the project grows by itself. :-)

I have not written a report but was hacking on the code:

http://home.earthlink.net/~tyrerj/kde/Improvements01.tar.bz2

This also includes the changes which I made to the toolbars.

This might have broken things in KPDF.  IAC, KPDF needs a little further
work.

So, if you have a KDE_3_4_BRANCH code tree, you can try this.

--
JRT