"hacking the social system"

Nathan Olberding nathan.olberding at gmail.com
Thu May 5 23:39:40 CEST 2005

To kickstart this effort, I'm going to start reading up on the current
UI guidelines later tonight. I think I'll pick on KColorChooser first,
since it's pretty simple. I'm also thinking of Kcalc and Kedit. That
way, like Carlos said, we can see how it goes. Anyone else is
absolutely welcome to do similar!

Where can I go for the KDE 4 guidelines and info about their
development? I'll poke around myself, but how might the OpenUsability
project like to participate? I've only heard of them and seen their
site, never worked with them.

I think this is a good start as far as the UI conformance issue. Are
there any other particular issues on the table? I'm not sure we can do
anything about motivating developers. I think it's pretty much up to
them to do what they want to do. Are there any other avenues of
discussion we want to cover in this thread?

On 5/5/05, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> On Thursday 05 May 2005 01:32, Carlos Leonhard Woelz wrote:
> > Who would do the conformance testing? Not the release manager I hope.
> > And since we are talking about excluding an app from a release or
> > delaying a release because of that, why not doing the same for other
> > bugs, or documentation or whats this? Where do you draw the line? Do you
> > wait for an app to be perfect to be released? I don't think it should
> > delay a release more than other bugs.
>
> yes, i think it will be more a matter of noting problems of conformance and
> encouraging fixes. this is already much more than we generally do when it
> comes to GUI. =)
>
> --
> Aaron J. Seigo

-NKO-