kde-quality Digest, Vol 14, Issue 17

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Mar 31 21:42:32 CEST 2005

Hi Lukillas,

On Thursday 31 March 2005 20:34, Lukillas wrote:
> Hello!
>       I've just subscribed to this mailing list. I'm quite new on
> Linux (I have the Mandrake distribution), but I'm very interested in
> collaborating in anything I can. I first read some documents at your
> website and I want to introduce myself first of all:
>          My name is Lucas Pardo. I'm a Spanish 19 year-old computer
> engeneering student studying at the Carlos III University at Madrid.
> I've lived in several cities like Mons (Belgium), California (US),
> Cadiz (Spain), etc... . As you can see, my english is not perfect, but
> I hope you understand me.
>          I have quite good knowledge on Java and I'm going to start
> next week with C. I've done basic stuff with BASH (as part of my
> lessons here, at my univeristy).
>         I don't really know if I can do anything to help this project
> keep going, but if you could help me guiding me to where I should

Of course you can help ! :-)

One thing KDE really needs urgently and you don't need programming skills for
is a good collection of demo files for KDE applications, which can be used at
shows where KDE has a booth.
Often the boxes which are installed to show KDE to the visitors are quite
empty and all we can say is: "Hey, this is kword, but unfortunately I don't
have much stuff to show you" :-/

What we need are:
-documents for kword, kspread, kpresenter
-images for krita, kuickshow, etc.,
-pdf and ps files for kghostview und kpdf
-ogg/mp3 files for juk, amarok, etc.
-videos for kaffeine
-etc.

If you want to take this task, let us know :-)

Bye
Alex