Make, Unsermake and KDE Coding

Segedunum segedunum at actuaria.co.uk
Sun Mar 27 19:34:33 CEST 2005

Hi All,

I've started on using KDevelop and some KDE coding (at last) on Krdc as an
initial test project, basically because I'm using it quite a lot. The quality
documentation on doing that is really good, but you have to make sure you've
went through all the steps.

I've been using unsermake to build my CVS head stuff, but when I've gone to
convert my projects in KDevelop I have to make sure I remake the Makefile and
everything else etc. otherwise odd things start happening. What's the story
on unsermake? Should we be using it in KDevelop coding and is it safe, or
should we be making sure we use bog standard make? I must admit, I wasn't
quite prepared for the full horror of automake.

Also, I know you can import automake projects into KDevelop, but has anyone
thought about creating KDevelop project files to be put into the repository
to make this process a bit easier and more intuitive for development?

Can't wait for the Subversion conversion myself. Trust me, it's going to be so
much better.

Cheers,

David