Needed?? The Suggestion Box??

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Mar 30 23:49:34 CEST 2005

On Friday 25 March 2005 09:07, Nathan Olberding wrote:
> Not to suggest we couldn't make things better, but the times I've used
> bugs.kde.org have all made me feel like this really isn't a big
> problem. Sure, it could be better, and the issue may swell in the
> future, but I just don't see what the big fuss is.

the big fuss is that not all bugs reported get fixed and not all features
requested get implemented in what the reporters consider to be a "reasonable"
time period.

additionally, many reporters do not grok the culture that exists or simply
lack the ability to interact with it effectively. which causes consternation
for them, which they then sometimes take out on the developers.

i hope that one day (soon?) our user community will find a way to manage these
interactions in a way that is more rewarding for them, and thereby for the
developers as well =)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
@ TPOSSCON in Hawaii