compile kdebase 3_4_0 ( meinproc fails.)

Nicolai Haehnle nhaehnle at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 11:52:09 CET 2005

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 17:12:05 +0000, Philip Rodrigues
<philip.rodrigues at christ-church.oxford.ac.uk> wrote:
> > make[3]: Entering directory
> > `/home/martin/Programming/KDE/3.4r1/kdebase/doc/kate'
> > /usr/bin/meinproc --check --cache index.cache.bz2 ./index.docbook
> > index.docbook:26: parser error : Entity 'Dominik.Haumann' not defined
> > <author>&Dominik.Haumann; &Dominik.Haumann.mail;</author>
> >                          ^
>
> Unless you installed your new KDE in /usr/bin, it's picking up the old version
> of meinproc. You need to use the version of meinproc corresponding to the
> version of KDE that you're compiling. Quite how you ensure that happens when
> your old KDE is installed in /usr/bin, I don't know. You may have to remove
> the old KDE, or alternatively, wait until your distro releases packages.

IIRC, passing the correct --prefix to ./configure is enough. However,
make sure that when you compile kdelibs, meinproc is actually built.
If some dependencies are missing (don't remember which) meinproc fails
to build without an error message.

cu,
Nicolai