compile kdebase 3_4_0 ( meinproc fails.)

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at christ-church.oxford.ac.uk
Wed Mar 9 18:12:05 CET 2005

> make[3]: Entering directory
> `/home/martin/Programming/KDE/3.4r1/kdebase/doc/kate'
> /usr/bin/meinproc --check --cache index.cache.bz2 ./index.docbook
> index.docbook:26: parser error : Entity 'Dominik.Haumann' not defined
> <author>&Dominik.Haumann; &Dominik.Haumann.mail;</author>
>                          ^

Unless you installed your new KDE in /usr/bin, it's picking up the old version
of meinproc. You need to use the version of meinproc corresponding to the
version of KDE that you're compiling. Quite how you ensure that happens when
your old KDE is installed in /usr/bin, I don't know. You may have to remove
the old KDE, or alternatively, wait until your distro releases packages.

Regards,
Phil