UI guidelines reports -- KDE guidelines certification, and other problems.

Carlos Leonhard Woelz carloswoelz at imap-mail.com
Thu Jun 23 20:49:19 CEST 2005

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 10:30:45 -0600, "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo at kde.org>
said:

> > I don't think so. The reports James is talking about are just
> > *ui conformance reports*, not usability analysis or testing. So, in my
> > opinion, they should go directly to the application list, or
> > bugs.kde.org. No need to use fancy XML for those.
>
> the reason for the "fancy XML" is to allow items to be addressed one by
> one
> and marked as such without having to add N bug reports, one per
> conformance
> issue. it's meant to be an optimized-for-usability-issues issue reporting
> and
> resolution mechanism.

That's a good point. Especially the "N bugs" part. How they track issues
at OpenUsability? Do they usesome sort of issue tracking system? Should
we file in KDE bugzilla as well?

<snip>

> but keeping usability reports and results in one place as much as
> possible is a good thing IMO.

So what should be the work flow? What if the application does not have
an open project yet (I know KPDF does have one open), but what about
others.

Should we move this discussion to kde-usability?

Cheers,

Carlos Woelz