Usability reports -- KDE guidelines certification, and other problems.

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Thu Jun 23 04:43:45 CEST 2005

We kicked around the idea of KDE UI conformance certification.  The idea
of reports was suggested.

I attach my notes on KPDF (trunk) for possible comments on format and
amount of detail needed.

Should we have a location to post such reports?

Note to the developers: I am not picking on you.  You indicated your
interest in usability and outside input so I am providing mine.

Notice that the issue is confounded by issues beyond KPDF that do need
to be fixed:

	The problem with the icons: "previous" & "next".  See Bug 104114
	& the icons:

	http://home.earthlink.net/~tyrerj/kde/arrows.tar.bz2

	The issue with: "Fit to Page" & "Fit to Page Width" is a KDE
	Standard Action issue.  These Standard Actions should either be
	toggle or not and the app should use the standard actions.  And,
	these Standard Actions need icons (see attached).

Other than that, the minor changes to the menus and it should be
certified for the menu compliance.

--
JRT