[Fwd: KView for KDE4?]

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Sat Jun 4 06:54:44 CEST 2005

James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> Carlos Leonhard Woelz wrote:

>> James, there are other image viewer with an embeddable KPart that may
>> deserve this spot. Look under extragear/graphics.
>

> I will look at them when I have a chance.
>
> However, I do think that we should keep the generic viewer.  Perhaps
> KView doesn't need all the features it has and some of them could be
> removed.  Perhaps it doesn't need to do slide shows and browse
> directories if these new viewers are better at that.
>
> I use it a lot and I find if is simple to use yet has the features I
> need.  Also, I fixed the menus to conform to the standards and the
> toolbars like I wanted them. :-)
>
> Or, perhaps one of the viewers with more features could be given a dual
> personality like KWrite/KATE.

So, I am currently building: gwenview kimdaba showimg.  Two of these
have a data base, so I think that these are probably too big for the
job.  So, I will probably be looking mostly at gwenview.

Do you have any other suggestions?  Does anyone know if the view
(ShowFoto) in DigiKam can be used stand alone?

--
JRT