Join the Developers

Carlos Leonhard Woelz carloswoelz at imap-mail.com
Thu Jul 7 23:54:31 CEST 2005

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 12:26:30 -0700, "James Richard Tyrer"
<tyrerj at acm.org> said:

> I have considered that developers reject my (and other people's) help
> for personal reasons.  This would be wrong and not consistent with the
> stated standards of what is supposed to be a merit based system.  But,
> mostly, what I see is that they want to do things their way; if you
> question that, then they don't want your help -- but that is really the
> same thing isn't it?

No. The review process is very important. If you want the trust to do
your changes you have to convince people. They have the right to deny
it. You have to try again later, review your approach, or give up. If
you are one who put the most effort on something, you have a strong say.
If you came out of the blue, your weapon is work and logic.

I have patches in the waiting queue, even for projects I have a (small)
track record of contributing. It's normal. People who disagree with you
have reasons. You seem to take personally every discussion, and you
seldom change your mind about something.

We encourage help. I personally offered my help to you in a private
e-mail (do you remember, the "let's work together on something"
e-mail?).
This kind of discussion you bring up again and again is really not
helping kde-quality. If you have some constructive to say, please do.
Otherwise, start a blog and use it for your rants.

I am in fact astonished with the developers respect and patience in
replies to non-constructive emails like this one. This is a big proof of
how welcoming KDE is.

Cheers,

Carlos Woelz