Join the Developers

christos gentsis christos.gentsis at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 23:31:12 CEST 2005

James Richard Tyrer wrote:

>Stephan Binner wrote:
>

>>On Wednesday 06 July 2005 12:48, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>>

>>>Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I see a closed group
>>>of slightly arrogant developers that while they (apparently
>>>disingenuously) complain about having too much to do, don't really
>>>want any help with the project.  At least they don't want help
>>>except on their own terms.
>>>

>>I see a bunch of new developers joining the project and contributing
>>every week. Ever considered it has something to do with your person,
>>your current and/or previous behavior?
>>

>Your remark doesn't address the point that the web site doesn't say how
>to join the team.
>
>But, yes, that is part of my point, and you make my point which you seem
>to have snipped out.  I restored the rest of the quoted paragraph above.
>
>I have considered that developers reject my (and other people's) help
>for personal reasons.  This would be wrong and not consistent with the
>stated standards of what is supposed to be a merit based system.  But,
>mostly, what I see is that they want to do things their way; if you
>question that, then they don't want your help -- but that is really the
>same thing isn't it?

actually this is normal... if someone doing something... whatever it is
and he has a opinion and a plan about this... then he want help to
follow this plan... if any of us (the ppl that still live a parasitic
life for the project) want to help... we have to follow the plan or to
create a new project.... which means you get the code that exist...
trough away whatever you don't like and do it in your way... and after
works better the new way... but if you are not able to do that... then
they are not dinosaurs... they are experts...
bat any way if they had an idea... they need help to develop this
idea... not to change it... ;)

thanks
Chris