Join the Developers

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Thu Jul 7 21:26:30 CEST 2005

Stephan Binner wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 July 2005 12:48, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>

>> Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I see a closed group
>> of slightly arrogant developers that while they (apparently
>> disingenuously) complain about having too much to do, don't really
>> want any help with the project.  At least they don't want help
>> except on their own terms.
>
> I see a bunch of new developers joining the project and contributing
> every week. Ever considered it has something to do with your person,
> your current and/or previous behavior?

Your remark doesn't address the point that the web site doesn't say how
to join the team.

But, yes, that is part of my point, and you make my point which you seem
to have snipped out.  I restored the rest of the quoted paragraph above.

I have considered that developers reject my (and other people's) help
for personal reasons.  This would be wrong and not consistent with the
stated standards of what is supposed to be a merit based system.  But,
mostly, what I see is that they want to do things their way; if you
question that, then they don't want your help -- but that is really the
same thing isn't it?

--
JRT