kcontrol - screensaver fails to compile

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Wed Jul 6 14:41:29 CEST 2005

Le Dimanche 03 Juillet 2005 02:33, Thomas Beinicke a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to compile KDE from SVN but kcontrol always fails and this
> prevents me from running KDE.
>
> I am running Gentoo gcc-3.4.4, glibc-2.3.5.
if this is using Gentoo ebuilds, you must ask the Gentoo-KDE developer
(nickname folorn) or in the Gentoo forums.

this has to do with Gentoo way of doing its ebuilds, I did not understand much
of what folorn explained.
Mainly I asked him about svn up in an ebuild which is not possible the way we
developers do it.

good luck,

anne-marie

PS: are you a translator, a doc writer or a developer? If you need svn HEAD of
the day, probably ebuilds are not the best choice as they are snapshots (and
that comports a risk of miscompilation).
you could try the excellent svn build script instead.
http://grammarian.homelinux.net/kdesvn-build/