How to help with KDE 3.4?

Jure Repinc jlp at holodeck1.com
Sat Jan 22 14:10:28 CET 2005

Hi,

My name is Jure Repinc and I am from Slovenia. About a year ago I have
been helping translating and beta testing KDE. But it was easier back
then to get the latest version of source from CVS.
I am using Gentoo Linux and back then I was using ebulds from the Gentoo
KDE CVS Project:
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/kde/kde-cvs.xml
But the ebuilds are outdated now for 3.4, so I don't know how to get KDE
3.4 installed from CVS as it was realy simple with previous version (I
just had to do "emerge kdebase" and source was updated from cvs and
compiled and installed).

So here are my questions for KDE 3.4:

1. What do I have to do to manualy download the latest sources from CVS?
2. How do I compile them? What to do to make sure they have all the
debug info compiled in?
3. How do I install them? I also have KDE 3.3 stable installed on the
same computer and I would like to use both, possibly by separating them
with a special user account for KDE 3.4 testing and translation.
4.How do I then update the source from CVS every day to compile the
latest code?

I would like as detailed instructions as possible as I have never
compiled anything manualy.

Thanks in advance for all the help!