KDE Games and MUD

Max Howell max.howell at methylblue.com
Fri Jan 14 18:57:16 CET 2005

Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Am Monday 10 January 2005 19:26 schrieb Max Howell:
> > Anyway absolutely kmuddy should go into CVS, this is the only way that
> > KDE can improve, by encouraging developers to become part of the process.
>
> No. KDE packages have already enough stale applications with no maintainer.
> While distributions can split CVS packages into several binaries, it's in
> no way feasible to have _huge_ packages for e.g. gentoo, freebsd and people
> compiling from source.

Well stale applications get removed, and modules can be split. Even if these
items of maintenance don't happen as often as we'd like, it surely is more
important to actively encourage people to get more involved with KDE.

> So I think, kdegames should only have a set of games that show there are
> games for KDE - for people (and distributions) that like more games,
> kde-apps offers a full set of different applications. And I still don't see
> MUD clients as mainstream.

Yeah I agree really. I think the current system where modules get full of
stale applications, and there is no distinction between libs and apps is a
little flawed. Lets invite the author to put KMuddy in extragear. This
application isn't stale yet, but it might become stale more quickly if we
don't offer a development incentive.

Max
--
Max Howell; MK, UK; http://www.methylblue.com/