A newbie

Barış Metin baris at uludag.org.tr
Fri Feb 18 00:57:10 CET 2005

Cuma 18 Şubat 2005 01:36 tarihinde, Alexander Neundorf şunları yazmıştı:
> On Friday 18 February 2005 00:29, Barış Metin wrote:
>
> > Tasma is a rewrite of Kcontrol. It's main purpose is to build a
> > configuration GUI for our distribution. It will have a tight connection
> > with our configuration framework COMAR [1].
> >
> > Gozluk is a grafical interface for our dictionary database which we use
> > for translations.
>
> Tasma, Gozluk, are these turkish words ? Sound cool :-)

Yes they are :).

Tasma means "collar" in Turkish. As it will be the seen part of COMAR (which
is a dog), and controls it as user wishes (ideally :).

Gozluk is somewhat different. Dictionary is "Sözlük" in Turkish and I thought
it would be funny to call it "Gözlük" which means eye glasses.

> Btw. are you interested in kfind ? I'm still looking for a helping hand.

Sure I'd like to. Where should I start?

regards,
--
Baris Metin