A newbie

Barış Metin baris at uludag.org.tr
Thu Feb 17 23:27:10 CET 2005

Hello,

As it is mentioned on quality.kde.org I'm introducing myself.

My name is Baris Metin and I live in Istanbul, Turkey. I'm one of the
developers of the Pardus Linux Distribution [1]. We choosed KDE as our
primary (and for now, only) desktop. That's how I got into KDE :).

My first relation with KDE code base was (recently) to haunt some i18n bugs,
with Turkish locales (#91089, #93770). After that I had some KDE/Qt related
projects [2]. Yesterday, I made a CVS (HEAD) build. For now I don't understand
many parts in KDE, but I've started looking around in my spare time.

I hope, I can get involved in one of the development projects in KDE. I enjoy
programing C/C++ and Python. If there is room for a new developer in any of
the projects you are working on, please let me know :). I'

1. http://www.uludag.org.tr/en/
2. http://svn.uludag.org.tr/uludag/trunk/tasma/
     http://svn.uludag.org.tr/uludag/trunk/kaptan/
     http://svn.uludag.org.tr/uludag/trunk/gozluk/