Introduction

Gregory Hayes syncomm at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 07:39:12 CET 2005

Greetings,

    I have been active in the Open Source and Linux community, in
particular, since 1994. Over this time I have been able to make a number of
contributions to projects including WindowMaker, Nautilus, Mozilla, and
several Gnome libraries and applications. I have also created many of my own
projects, such as VoodooTracker (a FastTracker clone), GnomeRSVP, and
MindFire (a nifty cross-platform Gtk#/Mono app). Due to this work, I have
been afforded several honors, such as IPO shares from RedHat, seeing my name
in print in "Linux Music and Sound", working with the LSB, and getting to
participate in the Gnome Foundation in 1999/2000.
    In my professional life, I worked as a System Analyst for Procter and
Gamble for five years, before joining Hewlett-Packard as a Solution
Architect in 2003.  Thanks to this experience, I have been able to gain a
large amount of first hand knowledge in professionally designing,
resourcing, testing, and publicising software and services to a large
customer base of varying interests. Unfortunately, my career and family
obligations have left me with little time to engage in the amount of hacking
I once did.
   Recently, I've decided it was about time to "get back in the game", and
the KDE project seems to be an interesting place to start. No Gnome bashing
intended, but KDE seems to have a more enlightened direction for the future,
especially with the information circulating about the upcoming 4.x series.
I'd like to do what I can to pitch in and help, while I become famillier
with the application coding standards and HIG of the project in general.
   Over the next year, I hope to roll out my own KDE application or make
some significant contributions to a deserving one. I look forward to working
with some of you in the future!

Greg
-

Disclaimer: Although, I work for Hewlett-Packard please don't credit any
contributions I make to the wonderful work they are already doing with the
community. I'm doing all of this in my limited spare time, for free! ;)
Thanks!