window tabbing (especially kdevelop)

Nicolas Ternisien nicolas.ternisien at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 10:27:22 CEST 2005

Something quite simple will be to implement a system like the GMail
one in an horizontal layout.

A screenshot is available here :

http://annivernet.free.fr/stuff/divers/kdetabbar-gmail.png

Only some tabs becomes available if the user clicks on it. The other
one are "minimized" like GMail do.

When the mouse hovers the tabbar, each title is displayed (in a
tooltip for example), and when the user find the tab he wants, then,
the tab bar becomes maximized for the desired tab, and it's two next
and previous neighbors. A right click, or something like that will
able to re-minimized the opened tab bar.

Here is my idea...