Massive Konqueror Regression

Wade Olson wadejolson at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 22:30:20 CEST 2005

As fate would have it, I might well be sitting in that very OSDW track.

The 4.0 release is exactly what I was thinking for a goal. Not only does it
give a year for integration, but the wholesale changes with the porting
efforts will be begging for standardized testing.

Further, such testing results with cppunit (which I'd love to see more use
of) et al might/should be a factor in the recent talks on application
certification (where such testing methods fit).

Once basic how-to documents, best practices, and examples are in place...as
always, I could sponsor a competition to see who implements testing
practices the best (architecturally or in defect reduction).

NOTE: If anyone is familiar with the RUP or Rational products, the ability
to generate test cases directly from requirements (req pro) or UML design
can be very beneficial to people, including code coverage. Does Umbrello or
KDevelop offer any plug-ins to assist?