Massive Konqueror Regression

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Aug 18 22:10:49 CEST 2005

On Thursday 18 August 2005 01:31, Wade Olson wrote:
> For those like myself that are not core developers, and since there's
> obvious confusion on testing tactics, is there documentation on standard
> KDE testing practices that I can read, to help rebutt the next 30
> belly-achers on this thread (as we approach 2^7)?

no, there isn't... this is something we certainly need to change and i think
it's at least a year long project. my hopes and plans are to encourage and
aid these things during the KDE4 development cycle. Lyceum is obviously one
aspect to this as will be the materials coming out of OSDW. if you look at
the current speaker schedule at http://www.osdw.org/cms/1013 you will see we
have two talks on agile software practices including this one:

Test Driven Development in C++ using FOSS tools
Starting with a gentile "What is Test Driven Development" introduction. The
tools focused on will be KUnitTest, and eXperior. CPPUnit and CXXUnit will
also be discussed.
Jason Nocks

the plan is to aggregate the content that comes out of these OSDW events into
an eBook.

--
Aaron J. Seigo