Massive Konqueror Regression

Jessica Hall jhall at kde.org
Mon Aug 15 02:37:53 CEST 2005

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 17:38, C. Michailidis wrote:
> This is gonna be a kinda long one, so get ready!  Here's the way I see
> it...
>
> Although I like KDE quite a bit I can understand user frustration.  Let's
> face it, the KDE project is pretty big already and sometimes it just seems
> like anything with a K in front of the application name all of a sudden
> gets imported into the source tree.  Perhaps this mailing list should be
> named kde-quantity instead of quality.

You can always not install all of KDE. I find many people complain how big KDE
is - but these are the very people who install all the extragears, parts of
kdenonbeta and kdereview and every other module you can possibly think of! I
generally install only kdelibs, kdebase and one or two applications from
kdenetwork and kdepim.

I have no complaint about the size, or the fact that much other software
exists - I simply don't install it! Isn't it really up to the packagers to
decide what are sane packages to create? Just because the code is in our
repository doesn't mean it's stable or fit to use right now. I think the
entire point of kdereview and kdenonbeta is that it's *not* fit to use yet.

Regards,
--
JH

KDE Frequently Asked Questions:
http://docs.kde.org/development/en/kdebase/faq/index.html

panic("esp_handle: current_SC == penguin within interrupt!");