Massive Konqueror Regression

Michael Pyne pynm0001 at comcast.net
Sun Aug 14 23:35:27 CEST 2005

On Sunday 14 August 2005 17:26, David van Hoose wrote:
> Then I'm sorry to say it, but they need to learn how to write regression
> tests. You create the tests from throwing together an example for EVERY
> object of concern. It is almost as much work writing the tests initially as
> it is writing the code of which you are testing. However, it pays off in
> the long run since you know everything works. How do you think Microsoft
> does it? Do you honestly think that they blindly release something? No.
> They test it with homemade examples. If KDE wants to be the best, the KDE
> team needs to start thinking like a commercial entity when it comes to
> testing. Coding something, testing it with a few basic examples is not
> going to make a project great. You need proper regression tests.

Uh, maybe you want to actually browse the directory that they linked to you:

http://ktown.kde.org/~coolo/regression/

Before you start going on about how KDE needs more that 4 regression tests for
KHTML?

Comparing the IE rendering engine to KHTML is a world-class joke anyways.  If
anything this is where it's good to not have to chase the almighty dollar.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne