Massive Konqueror Regression

David van Hoose david.vanhoose at comcast.net
Sun Aug 14 23:26:27 CEST 2005

Then I'm sorry to say it, but they need to learn how to write regression
tests. You create the tests from throwing together an example for EVERY
object of concern. It is almost as much work writing the tests initially as
it is writing the code of which you are testing. However, it pays off in the
long run since you know everything works. How do you think Microsoft does
it? Do you honestly think that they blindly release something? No. They test
it with homemade examples. If KDE wants to be the best, the KDE team needs
to start thinking like a commercial entity when it comes to testing. Coding
something, testing it with a few basic examples is not going to make a
project great. You need proper regression tests.

-David van Hoose