Single Language Install for KDE

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Sun Sep 19 21:41:53 CEST 2004

On 19 September 2004 10:09, Henrique Pinto wrote:
> Em Dom 19 Set 2004 11:06, Henrique Pinto escreveu:
> > > modify the subdirs file in kde-i18n and remove all lines except zz
> >
> > Instead of doing this, simply do "echo zz > inst-apps".
>
> And, BTW, I was told some time ago that it is not a good idea to edit
> subdirs. I don't quite remember the reason (maybe it is recreated later?),
> but, anyway, adding a line to inst-apps is simpler than removing lots of
> lines in subdirs.
>
> And if you want to compile everything in a module but a few subdirs, you
> can use the DO_NOT_COMPILE environment variable.
I tried to answer the question which was to get only one language from the
kde-i18n module and install it.
I personally use the commands I wrote before, it works well for me (I often
have to get i18n modules to include kdeedu data).

David also noted that a doc of the quality team would need to be updated, i
thought Frans would be able to do it.
Whoever has the correct answer to the stated question could maybe update that
doc,

cheers

Anne-Marie