QWhatsThis (again)

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Mon Sep 6 17:30:50 CEST 2004

Hi,

Following my email
https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-quality/2004-September/000875.html
nothing concrete was done. Here are steps that need to be done:

1) set up the email address quality-whatsthis at kde.org which is currently in
the code or set another one or use the quality list address
1 person that contacts KDE admins
2) Establish the system for handling e-mails (RT? Bugzilla?) (RT would allow
volunteers to assign themselves work that comes in via e-mail and manage it
all:
http://bestpractical.com/rt)
1 or 2 persons
3) Find apps who will ship betas or final releases with the tech enabled
(DigiKam,...)
1 person
4) Find volunteers (only a few) to start working on submissions (some
developers are ready to help so this is not a problem)
5) Document what those volunteers need to do, and start a *big* recruitment
push
I can do it but if others want it, it would be better

I already have enough work in KDE and if I want to do things right, I cannot
take care of all of that.

The QWhatsThis help has been thought to be a Quality job since the beginning,
see
https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-quality/2004-March/000136.html
Now that a big step has been done (the code to implement a user-help backend)
I think this should not be dropped altogether.
If people here feel it's not the Quality Team area to do that, I'll try to
find another team to do this. It appears to me such an excellent way of
improving KDE applications that I don't want to see it forgotten!

Anne-Marie