Documentation Team Ideas

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Thu Sep 2 14:00:13 CEST 2004

Hi Carlos,

On Thursday 02 September 2004 5:49 am, Carlos Leonhard Woelz wrote:
> Yes, Philip, I think it is interesting for us. Documentation is a very
> nice starting point for new contributors: it increases the general
> knowledge about the app, it's excellent for non programmers. We are here
> to help people starting to develop KDE, so it is clearly on topic for
> this list. So bring them on!

Cool! :-) Based on what we discussed at aKademy, I'm going to write a new
'Welcome Pack' email for new contributors to the documentation team. I'll
send it to this list and to kde-doc-english for ideas. More on that later...

> I still want to finish the doc-primer. I think it is a great idea.And
> improve / replace the documentation HOWTO... Let me see if I can put
> some action with my words this week...

Great! Your offer of help is very welcome. I've written a little bit more
since I last discussed it with you, so please do check on
http://i18n.kde.org/doc/doc-primer to see the latest version. A few things:

o I'm open to suggestions about improving the organization - I just put
together the current layout in an evening, so it's quite possible that we can
find a better one :-).

o If access to the i18n.kde.org cvs is still a problem, I can put the doc
primer somewhere else where we can both access it.

Also, for everyone else reading this: please take a look at the doc primer at
http://i18n.kde.org/doc/doc-primer/ and send along mistakes, omissions,
suggestions, content for the unwritten sections, etc. I'd especially
appreciate it if someone could look at the 'Managing Releases' and 'Managing
CVS' sections, since I'm not entirely sure what to write for them.

Regards,
Philip