QWhatsThis help

Tom Chance lists at tomchance.org.uk
Wed Sep 1 20:25:43 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 01 Sep 2004 19:14, Aaron Seigo wrote:
> On September 1, 2004 11:21, Christopher Layne wrote:
> > One problem with this is that any user who is actively looking
> > for the What's This? mini-popup will probably be the last type
> > of user to be able to submit an explanation on it.
> >
> > I don't think it's a bad idea, just that the target is usually
> > the one who really doesn't know What This Is.
>
> my suggestion at aKademy was to make this a compile time or runtime option
> and turn it off for final releases. this would allow alpha/beta testers to
> get involved without making final releases look less professional and
> avoiding the "uninformed user" using this to ask questions or submit
> inappropriate verbage.

That sounds reasonable.

One idea we considered when we discussed this in the Quality Teams Birds of a
Feather session was to get kdeextragear developers to include it in their
releases over the next few months so we can refine or dump it before
unleashing it on a major KDE alpha/beta release. I was thinking of apps like
Digikam and K3B in particular (Digikam should have a big release coming out
soon).

Regards,
Tom