Writeup from aKademy

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Wed Sep 1 11:30:53 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 31 August 2004 23:37, Kenneth Wimer wrote:

> I agree that at least one representative of the program, lets say
> author, or one person who takes care of this aspect for the project
> should be part of this decision. It would not be too hard to
> implement the voting system that kde-look already has. In bigger
> wishlists, or wishlists from commercial appllications it might be
> necessary to involve more members of certain projects of course...we
> will need to define a process for this.

Please... Don't turn this into a bureaucratic nightmare. We don't need
any processes. We need people doing the actual work. That's KDE after
all. If the quality people want to organize artwork competitions, fine.
If artists want to take part in the selection of the winners, fine,
they can do this by giving reasonable arguments. We really don't need
any complex organization for that and we really shouldn't prevent
anybody from doing useful work because of not having well-defined
processes here.