trolling for helpers

Kenneth Wimer wimer at suse.de
Thu Oct 21 22:20:51 CEST 2004

* Aaron Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> [Oct 21. 2004 21:08]:
> hey all....
>
> as you may or may not know i was possessed by some unnamed evil spirit that
> coerced me into taking on the maintenance of kicker.
>
> kicker is a pretty big, and even daunting, stretch of code. but there are a
> lot of things that could/should be done that do not require a rocket
> scientist at the helm.
>
> if anyone is interesed in working on kicker in any of the following areas,
> please let me know. i'm more than happy to play guide / mentor / patch
> tester / question answerer / naughty nurse for you. well, maybe not naughty
> nurse.
>
> 	0. Bug triage. There are 136 open bugs and 289 open wishes. Many of these
> simply have not been triaged.
>
> 	1. Bug fixing. Many of the bugs I've come across while doing triage in the
> last week have been relatively trivial to fix. Usually the biggest blocker to
> fixing kicker bugs is knowing where in the codebase to start looking. I can
> usually point out the location of the code in question quite quickly.
>
> 	2. Documentation writing. Both developer and user targeted documentation
> needs doing.

I would guess that perhaps the SUSE Documentation team could help in
some way, if even it is only to translate it or such. In any case it
might not be bad to ask...I'll check on this and let you know.

> 	3. Q/A. there are a bajillion possible setting combinations in kicker. Q/A,
> which is somehow related to Bug Triage, would be great.
>
> 	4. Feature additions. well, this one is sef explanatory.

Ohhh...I might have a few :-) The first is non-rectangular buttons, with
or without a text label. Perhaps I am behind and this is already
underway....if so, sorry.

Bye,
Kenneth

--
SUSE Linux - a Novell Company - Nuernberg, Germany