Job Suggestion: Layout Checking

Nathan Olberding nathan.olberding at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 16:59:34 CEST 2004

As someone who uses a 12" laptop screen daily, I think it's still
important to consider smaller screens. Better-scaling fonts and better
use of layout widgets would be preferable to bigger fonts.

But I agree that there's a problem with the proper resizing of
windows. Also, Konqueror tends to render pages in a way that makes the
page too wide to fit in a window without a horizontal scrollbar (at
least, that's how it is over here on my 12" 1024x768 screen). Not that
this is the proper place to discuss it, but I just thought I'd bring
it up since it's in the same vein.

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 12:08:50 +0200, Stephan Binner <binner at kde.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> with higher resolution displays becoming more popular proper layouting of GUI
> interfaces is important (a bad example: the "Ownership" groupbox label is cut
> off on the "Permissions" tab in the kio file properties dialog).
>
> My suggestion is to check KDE applications for this (choose way bigger fonts,
> resize dialogs window and watch if the content resizes properly) and file bug
> reports about marked as "JJ:" (Junior Jobs) as those stuff is easy to fix.
>
> Bye,
>    Steve

-NKO-