getting into bug triage

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Thu Nov 25 22:55:00 CET 2004

On Thursday 25 November 2004 22:03, Lex Hider wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 08:03 pm, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > Am Friday 19 November 2004 00:12 schrieb Lex Hider:
> > > Hi,
> > > Finally going to roll up my sleeves and get involved.
> > > I currently have some time to devote to bug triage.
> > > I currently don't have any permissions.
> >
> > You did pretty well, so I gave you permissions yesterday
>
> Thanks. I'm a little tentative of actually resolving or confirming bugs.
> Should I just go a head and expect to be pulled up if I'm doing things
> incorrectly?

A safe and useful way to start is by going over bugs and just add in the
comment whether you could reproduce the problem or not. If you can reproduce
make sure to provide info about version and distribution and if applicable
you can clearify the steps needed to reproduce the problem (e.g. sometimes
the problem is only reproducable with a certain style, or with certain
settings enabled, if you manage to find such dependencies, make sure to
mention them). If you can reproduce you can also set the status to "new".

Resolving bugs is a bit trickier: just because you can't reproduce it, doesn't
always mean the bug was fixed.

Cheers,
Waldo
--