Hello.

Aaron Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Nov 24 20:08:25 CET 2004

On November 23, 2004 20:37, code at dragonsbait.com wrote:
> Just today, I added a popup menu to it, but I'm having a heck of a time
> trying to track down how to get the kicker's current height (panelSize()
> in dcop) so I can make my menu appear along the edge of the kicker in a
> nice, clean way.  I've thought about implementing a dcop client for this,
> but feel it's a bit too much for just an applet.

it's actually pretty easy to do:

DCOPRef dcop("kicker", "Panel").
int panelSize = dcop.call("panelSize");

however, you can have more than one panel around, so you might get the WRONG
panel with that call =) there's no nice way of figuring out which panel you
are currently on. the best way is to go the route of a mutable var and
storing the value passed into heightForWidth / widthForHeight

--
Aaron J. Seigo
Society is Geometric