Hello.

code at dragonsbait.com code at dragonsbait.com
Wed Nov 24 04:37:24 CET 2004

Hello,

My name is Randy, and I have been working on my first kde kicker applet
for just under a year now:

Just today, I added a popup menu to it, but I'm having a heck of a time
trying to track down how to get the kicker's current height (panelSize()
in dcop) so I can make my menu appear along the edge of the kicker in a
nice, clean way.  I've thought about implementing a dcop client for this,
but feel it's a bit too much for just an applet.  I've also tried to save
the height arg that's given to widthForHeight(), but since that method is
const, I can't save it.

So, my question is, how can I get the height of the kicker? (I'll worry
about vertical kicker width's later. ;)

I readily admit, I'm "new" to C++ in a lot of ways. (Mostly used STL in
practice.) I understand the basics, but this applet has been my learning
experience in an actual, working piece of code. KDE/QT is really quite
easy to learn, thankfully.

:)

If this is the wrong place to ask, just let me know. Thanks.

--
Modern: Randy Carnahan
SCA: Geoffryn "Teag" O'Kernaghan