Communication between developers and users

Stanislav Karchebny berk at upnet.ru
Sat May 15 12:39:44 CEST 2004

On Monday 03 May 2004 00:48, Tom Chance wrote:

> Obviously Bugzilla isn't an appropriate or even useful place to discuss
> this sort of thing. But neither is the developers' mailing list.

And then there comes Wiki. Just use wiki for discussion. There's even a usage
pattern for Wacko called "Discussion".

> could be. So I restate my questions: how and where can these discussions
> take place? And how can the Quality Team project facilitate them?

A discussion wiki with one or two volunteers to clean up all the mess and
organize the discussion for the first time.

The value of mailing list or bugzilla is - it records everything that was said
during discussion. You obviously cannot record everything in the wiki
(otherwise you could use the ML with less hassle), so its someone's duty to
summarize and clean up the discussion pages. The discussion summary can be
published on the dot to attract more attention to this facility.

--
keep in touch. berkus.

Roey on #kde-devel: when I hear best of breed I tune out--it's too much a
buzzword. What I carry between my legs is best of breed. And like KDE, just
because it's less visible doesn't mean it gets less usage.