Communication between developers and users

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon May 3 19:19:32 CEST 2004

On Sunday 02 May 2004 20:48, Tom Chance wrote:
> The reason I brought the audio framework up as an example is that it is, in
> my opinion, not just a matter of which is the best technology. Why? Because
> Gstreamer has the widest acceptance already, and Gstreamer and MAS are to
> some extent under the fd.o umbrella. To users who value interoperability,
> and not having to configure lots of different packages, those are important
> considerations. So it makes sense to have some kind of input from them.
>
> I don't think the status quo, with developer mailing lists, Bugzilla and
> ad-hoc discussion on places like the dot and kde-look, is as good as it
> could be. So I restate my questions: how and where can these discussions
> take place? And how can the Quality Team project facilitate them?
>
> Regards,
> Tom

I very much agree with you.
Even just following b.k.o is a lot of work for a developer.

IMO a member of the quality team should adopt one app/lib and then do nothing
else then watch b.k.o, dot.kde.org, some mailing lists, e.g. kde-usability
and then try to get important results directly over to the developer (either
a specific mailing list or directly, not via kde-devel).

Bye
Alex