kmathtool maintainer.

Tom Chance lists at tomchance.org.uk
Tue Mar 30 12:35:56 CEST 2004

Hello Trenton,

On Tuesday 30 Mar 2004 10:21, M2George wrote:
> Hello the list
>
> I see Kmathtool needs a maintainer and I would like to contrubute, but some
> questions I need answered.
>
> 1. Do you need KDE 3.2?

Not necessarily, but the older your KDE version, the less you will be able to
do. You can still do some work on bugs, do promotion and communication work,
documentation from CVS, work on the wiki pages, etc. See the Quality Teams
homepage (quality.kde.org) for more information.

> 2. Do you need CVS?
>     (My windows  box is on the net @56k @ work, my linux box @ home)

Again, no, but it would help. You definitely need it for work like
documentation.

> 3. Is it possible to use CVS on a windows box and transfer the data via
> removeable media.

Yes. If you have a look at the documentation on Sourceforge for CVS users, it
has a good guide on using CVS in Windows.

> 4. Is there another way to get at the kdenonbeta code other than CVS. If so
> how?

I'm not sure... I doubt it.

Welcome aboard though... I look forward to working with you :-)

Tom