KDE-wiki, was: Re: Konqueror: The Bugged Websites

Marc Heyvaert marc_heyvaert at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 27 18:41:14 CET 2004

Hello,

--- Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr>
wrote:
> Yes, I agree with you. But who has access to the
> wiki sources? Is it in cvs?
> Will Luci improve it? Where can one reach him?  The
> way it's broken right now
> is really annoying, it's too tiring to work on that.
> And maybe suppressing some modules will improve
> speed a little.

I am registred so I can change the .css that I use :-)

No, just kidding... The new default looks ok in
Konqueror (well you can adjust the fontsize really
quickly) but it's awfull in MS IE. This is important
because a lot of prospective users of KDE + people who
surf to KDE sites at work to learn something will use
IE. For me there are 4 things that I would like to see
changed :

1. Less modules loaded by default, especially because
some of them rarely change. I'm tired seeing
Kopete:Re:Help!!!! and amaroK:Wow! on my screen
2. Only registred users should be able to change
pages. I try to maintain a page. The fact that
*anyone* can foul up my page obliges me to look at it
avery day. Registering, although easy, would introduce
an extra safeguard.
3. The fonts on the default .css are way to big!
4. The modules on the right hand side are broken into
pieces, pushed down, or disappear on IE...

I have mailed luci about 2. 3. and 4. sofar with no
reaction. Perhaps we should all insist on this matter.

Marc