Introducing myself and announcing project

Tom Chance lists at tomchance.org.uk
Sat Mar 20 18:32:04 CET 2004

Hi Dave,

On Saturday 20 Mar 2004 13:57, david.vignoni at virgilio.it wrote:
> Hello everybody, my name is David Vignoni.
> I'm preparing the final version of the Nuvola icon theme, that will be
> LGPLed and shipped with all the SVG files.
>
> It is about to reach the 1.0beta version, and I've to decide if to publish
> at kde-look.org or as an internal project of the quality team, so members
> can beta testing and work on the few icon missing.

That sounds like a good idea, glad to have you on board.

Maybe you could co-ordinate the artists quality team for the moment? As you
may have noticed from kde-look, people often won't volunteer for something
that hasn't got any visible volunteers yet, so if you could step up and say
you're co-ordinating it, people might see the author of Nuvola, Lush and
other artwork and decide it might be worthwhile.

You could perhaps make working on Nuvola the first task. KDE artwork is
interesting because a single icon theme can be huge (>10mb) and so I don't
suppose the KDE Artists team want to start including all the best known
themes (nuvola, lush, noia, reinhardt, etc.) into the kde-artwork package.
The same goes for other kinds of artwork like wallpapers, kicker backgrounds,
cursor themes, etc.

Maybe the Quality Team could promote the best/most complete artworks, and try
to encourage people to complete or touch up potentially good work? Nuvola
could be the team's first project.

Tom