Watching the buglist

Datschge datschge at gmx.de
Sat Mar 20 21:41:35 CET 2004

On Saturday 20 March 2004 13:27, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Friday 19 March 2004 23:45, Joern Ahrens wrote:
> > is it possible, to watch the bug reports for a system in bugzilla
> > (bugs.kde.org) ? I want to get a notification by mail, if something
> > new arrived for kpilot. I have already a bugzilla account, but can't
> > find out how to configure such notifications ....
>
> You can watch other users (see the email tab of your prefs configuration
> page, follow the "edit prefs" link). If you do this for the people
> getting the bug reports about the product you want to be notified about
> you will get something which is similar to what you are asking for.

The page is http://bugs.kde.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email which
allows the account owner to set different kinds of email notifications, but as
Cornelius indicated currently watching specifically seems to be offered only
for users, not systems, modules and the likes (if you want that to change
feel free to comment at/vote for the list of wishes already reported at
bugzilla [1]).

All KDE bugzilla activity is propagated to the kde-bugs-dist mailinglist [2]
so you could subscribe there and filter out everything you don't want (you
better do so since it's very high traffic with ~11000 mails each month).

> The initial owners for KPilot bugs can be found at
> http://bugs.kde.org/editcomponents.cgi?product=kpilot (reachable by the
> "edit products" link).

Please note that for such pages one needs to be part of the respective
permission group ('editcomponents' in this case). I for example am not and
thus only get an error; and checking my local bugzilla install shows that
'editcomponents' is quite a powerful group making me hope there aren't too
many of them around anyway. ;)

Cheers, Datschge

[1] http://tinyurl.com/3xrjt (bugzilla.mozilla.org)