Managing Bugs in KDE (Re: When to set VERIFIED in BugZilla?)

Marc Heyvaert marc_heyvaert at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 12 16:50:37 CET 2004

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for al the advice and explanations (also in the

I agree with you that focus is very important. It is
very easy to loose yourself somewhere in this KDE
jungle :)

As my primary concern now is with KSpread, I guess I
will stick to that for a while, though it is not easy
to separate from the rest of KOffice.

Also, I posted a message on the koffice-devel mailing
list to test the idea of the koffice wiki with the
developers and to see if I was going to get any
support if I were to try to maintain that page (I cc'd
you, so you should have got this message too). I only
got 3 reactions to this post, so very dissapointing
really. But motiviations of people has been discussed
before. It is not always clear why we do it. If I see
in what dire need of developers some of these
applications are, it seems often to be a miracle that
KDE got where it is today. But I'm sure this is too
much of a pessimistic view.

Marc