Managing Bugs in KDE (Re: When to set VERIFIED in BugZilla?)

Carlos Leonhard Woelz carloswoelz at imap-mail.com
Fri Mar 12 16:16:10 CET 2004

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 06:54:34 -0800, "Carlos Leonhard Woelz"
<carloswoelz at imap-mail.com> said:
> The objective here is to reduce the amount of time developers need to
> spend to handle bugs. The chart shows the rise in the number of
> unconfirmed bugs. Checking if these uncunfirmed bugs really exist, and
> providing better information on how to reproduce them already improves a
> lot the current situation. Also, checking if old "confirmed"(new) bugs,
> still apply helps making the database clean. More about that here:
>
> http://quality.kde.org/develop/howto/howtobugs.php
>
> If we gather people to help in that area, we can reach step one:
>
> Step one: bugs are well maintained, there are no invalid bugs in the
> list, there is a list of critical bugs open, according to guidelines
> agreed by the KDE developers.

I just want to add one small tip for a potential bug manager: focus!
Choose one application or area you use frequenly and /or that you care
for, and focus on it. The learning curve to be proficient in many KDE
apps is lowers the initial productivity. So if you care for more than one
area, start with one, and only when things look better, move to another.

  Carlos Leonhard Woelz
  carloswoelz at imap-mail.com

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - And now for something completely different