When to set VERIFIED in BugZilla?

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Thu Mar 11 19:27:28 CET 2004

Carlos Leonhard Woelz wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:48:23 -0200, "Henrique Pinto"
> <stampede at uai.com.br> said:
>
>>Not as its main task, at least. If someone wants to lead the
>>creation of a KDE QA Team, I'm sure the Quality Team will
>>help, but it was not created with the sole purpose of doing
>>QA
>>for KDE.
>>
>>Perhaps the name for this project was not well-chosen.
>

> I agree and even saw this coming. But I could not find a better name.
>
> Janitors is not a good name: why would you call an experienced writer,
> artist who wants help to joining the KDE project a "janitor"? Not
> attractive.

If I am confused by the name, then I am more confused by the name "Janitor":

"one who keeps the premises of a building (as an apartment or office) clean"

Therefore, one that cleans up various things (e.g. bugs).

> The name should reflect the wish to care for KDE, hence "Quality". I
> asked for ideas on the KDE lists, but got none. Now it is too late to
> change :)

If the list is devoted to the Total Quality of the product, then it is a
good name.  The aim of Total Quality Management is to (continually) improve
the product.

--
JRT