Yet more tasks :-) ... and I think not too hard ones

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Mar 8 19:35:48 CET 2004

Subject: RE: open tasks, jobs, unmaintained stuff, etc.
Date: Monday 08 March 2004 09:51
From: "Goffioul Michael" <goffioul at imec.be>
To: <neundorf at kde.org>, <carloswoelz at imap-mail.com>

> Hi,
>
> the kde quality project of Carlos seems to have a good start
> and a lot of new
> people are appearing there looking for work :-)
>
> So, if of you are reading this, and you know about some
> concrete not too big
> tasks, a small more or less unmaintained piece of software in kde or
> something similar, please let us know.
> Either mail to the kde-quality mailing list, or let me or Carlos
> <carloswoelz at imap-mail.com> know about it

I would have 2 opportunities:
1) KLogTool (in kdenonbeta/cupslogtool/) is currently unmaintained, at
least to my knowledge. It has been put in KDE Open Tasks page, and I
got contacted by several people, but it never went farer than a "declaration
of intention"
2) I'd need help to develop kdeprintfax further (implements wishlists
I don't have time to).

In the past, I received more or less 15~20 help proposals that went
nowhere. So maybe I'm a little too pessimistic, but I hope that you'll
find more "serious" people.

Bye.
Michael.